Friday, April 18, 2014

Episode 17: Cycle 1 Days 1-10

Good Morning, Everyone. It's sunrise on Good Friday. This episode will be quite brief. Walking to the computer has worn me out so I will be going back to bed very shortly.

Chemo is every bit as miserable as we thought it would be. In fact, I'm not going to go into details because, even in memory, I do not want to re-live the puki-ness (as in puke) of this week. All I'm gong to say about it is that all my so-called bravery, positive thinking, and optimism of earlier episodes flew out the window like birds happy to escape leaving me to be a shattered lonely figure on the floor with just my bucket and retchedness (as in retch) for company.

Short term pain, long term gain. Short term pain, long term gain. Short term pain, long term gain. Repeat.

I'm not a superstitious person. I don't believe the universe sends us omens or warnings. It doesn't take a psychic to know that walking under a ladder is bad luck. Of course it is. Somebody might fall. Oh that reminds me, I read in a book that people born on June 13 are psychic. Shouldn't I have known that? (Get it? Known that? Haha.) However, I do love symbolism. And at 5 AM this morning (Good Friday), it occurred to me that it was 22 years ago on Easter Sunday that I was baptized. I think I previously mentioned one of my favourite quotes: It's Friday now but Sunday's a-coming. In other words, right now life really sucks but it's not going to stay that way. Sunday is on the way and we will rejoice! So, in order to enjoy the symbolism of the occasion I have decided to shave my head today (rather than wait for my hair to fall out in 8" long clumps) and go to Easter dinner on Sunday with a bright pink scarf and the assurance that our trials and sufferings are temporary and there will come a time, say it with me: We Will Rejoice!

May you all have a blessed Easter weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment